Monday, November 21, 2011

Acne help, worth going to a dermatologist?

Hi folks. So I%26#039;ll get right to the point, I%26#039;m male, I%26#039;m 18, and I%26#039;ve had mild to moderate acne for about 3 to 4 years now. I hate it. It hits my self confidence hard, as you%26#039;d expect.





Lately, it%26#039;s still present, but not as much as before. It%26#039;s almost only present on the sides of my face, right beside my eyes. A little on my forehead too, but not much.





The pimples can be annoying, especially when some, though rare, can hurt. Now, I%26#039;m curious to know if going to a dermatologist will help me much? I%26#039;m not sure if I%26#039;m covered under medical insurance here (Canada) and if not, it would likely be expensive just to go in once.





I also have some acne scarring, which is very apparent because I have a fair complexion.





See, I%26#039;m meeting this girl, for the first time, this summer. Long story short, it involves flirting, a bicylce, roughly 1,200 miles, and warm summer air. I know I%26#039;m exciting and fun and charming and my facial figures are totally cute, but the acne... is hard to get passed for me.





I really want to cure it, as much as I can, before I meet her.|||See your GP - my brother, at the same age (he%26#039;s now 21), had very similar problems to yourself with acne. Our GP put him on legal steroids (unfortunately I cannot remember what they are called), and though he had to stay out of the sun while on them, his skin cleared up extremely well within a couple of weeks.





If your GP has nothing for you, then yes, I suggest you see a dermatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment