Monday, November 21, 2011

Just got back from the dermatologist and Im NOT happy?

My %26quot;doctor%26quot; was more of a sales person%26quot;. I went in for two changes and irritated moles, a rash(that of course is no gone) and a rash on my hips.


She said one mole looked irritated but they didnt look cancerous but she is willing to remove them. For the most part of my visit she was only concerned with selling me anti aging creams from her office at $50 a pop. Telling me I cant buy stuff that good anywhere else, which I have been told in the past is a lie. Even if I were to have my moles removed I wouldnt go to her, Id give my money to another doctor that wasnt so fake. All she cared about was my fine lines. But im not sure Im willing to dish out another $40 to see a different doctor and Im not even convinced my moles are okay. Im still worried about them.|||That%26#039;s what second opinions are all about. You may not want to dish out the additional $40 but you%26#039;re peace of mind is worth the money, especially if you find out that you do in fact need to have them removed. In the relative scheme of things $40 isn%26#039;t that much money. Complain to your insurance company if you feel that they haven%26#039;t gotten what they pay for and ask to be sent to another dermatologist.|||You should have said that you were unwilling to pay the bill before you even left. There is no way out of paying it now. I would have told her I am not here to learn about fine lines, I am here to learn about my moles. If that didn%26#039;t shut her up, should have gotten up and walked out. Doctors never sees to amaze me. Another idea is to turn her into the board. Search the name of it. They could fine her for doing this. That might not save you money, but it will other people just like you.|||Moles are not dangerous unless you notice changes in them, in size or appearance, over a period of a couple of months. Dry skin in a bad condition during winter when we live in heated houses and the air is dry, over the counter medication will usually solve that.|||I would get second opinion my brother had a mole he scraped it by accident when he went to hospital to check it out they kept him in it was cancerous.I wouldnt trust anyone that was more concerned about selling me something , she doesnt sound like a good doctor|||I can see that you had a troublesome experience with the dermatologist, but I can%26#039;t quite see exactly what your question is.





On whose recommendation did you see that doctor?|||photoshop them. ps: sounds like a quack. get a new doctor. if you can%26#039;t trust your own doctor for medical advice, what%26#039;s the point in fattening their pockets?|||What.....? I don%26#039;t even get your question. Maybe you could learn to express yourself a little better.|||You are right--absolutely right. I would call the office, tell the office manager you have a problem after your visit today and you would like to speak to the doctor, and for her to call you. Explain that either she calls you to discuss it, or you will call the state board that over-sees the licensing of doctors in your state.





That ought to get her to call you back; explain that you felt like you were at a Mary Kay party, not a doctor%26#039;s office, and that you are concerned about the moles, you want her to re-examine you, or to give you a referral to another doctor, and that you WANT A REFUND!





What she did is way out of line. I am a volunteer cancer educator for the American Cancer Society and I work closely with doctors and my sister is a doctor. I can assure you that most doctors NEVER would do anything like what happened to you, and would be as offended and full of disbelief as you were. She needs to be reported, whether or not you get your answers from her about your mole.





If you have health insurance, file a complaint with them, in writing, and tell them that you do not feel you were properly examined, you don%26#039;t want them to pay her, and you want to see another doctor.





Good luck--please let me know how this turns out!|||I wouldn%26#039;t want to NOT treat moles that I felt suspicious about.





Go to a PCP.... If the mole isn%26#039;t on your face, a PCP can remove your mole just as easily as a dermatologist.





FYI... My dad had a spot on his face that he was concerned about. Three different doctors said they didn%26#039;t think it was anything. But they%26#039;d freeze it off anyway. It kept coming back. He went to one more doctor who took an actually biopsy and found yes it was cancerous. She referred him to a different doctor because of the possible scar tissue involved. The spot that three doctors said were nothing had grown and was sending off roots that were as long as three inches!





If you are uncomfortable with the moles Have Them Removed!

No comments:

Post a Comment