Monday, November 21, 2011

Question about acne treatments from dermatologist -Please help?

Hi, I%26#039;m in my early 20s and just started having acne problems a few months ago, mostly spot whiteheads here and there on the cheeks. But it was getting frustrating so I went to the dermatologist last week and he gave me these creams to used:


-Benzoyl Perozide 5% gel (day time)


-Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution (day time)


-Retinoic Acid 0.1% cream (night time)





I guess I have some very specific questions if anyone is familiar with the treatments above and experiences with visiting dermatologist in general:





1) He said treatment might make it worst before it gets better, what does it mean? And what is the time frame for the %26quot;worst%26quot; period?





2) Since using these creams for a couple of days, my face has been extra sensitive and very dry (peeling), is it normal?





3) And how long before I should expect to see visable results?





I know everything takes time, but I would just like to know that what I%26#039;m doing will eventually lead to good results and I can get back to my life|||FACTS


======





Be aware of some active ingredients like Benzoyl Peroxide, these ingredients can cause major side effects...





What the skin needs is a product that clears pores and kills bacteria, thus preventing hair follicles from clogging and turning into acne. This is what you should be looking for if you want to get rid of those ugly acne.





Before trying any treatment, I suggest you read this informational source that listed the most effective acne treatments available:





http://www.17acnetreatments.com





Good luck.|||im using ALL of those.clindamycin i didnt notice anything. benzoyl peroxide is great when you start using it u see fast results. but overall i really like retin A


but after a while its as if they stopped working on my face...idk


good luck. oh and yea im actually peeling too. get some mild oil free moisturizer NOT neutrogina i hate that stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment