Monday, November 21, 2011

Neccesary to go see a Dermatologist?

Well i have uneven skin tone and i want to fix that. My skin is very very sensitive. I CANT put lotion, cream, sunscreen, makeup etc. Im like allergic to those kind of stuff. So should i go see a dermatologist and help even out my skin tone? I don%26#039;t have zits and all that stuff. Its just soo uneven. People can tell it is.





My mom says i dont have to go and that its no big deal. To me , i look dirty and like i said before, people can notice it. Even my grandma can notice it and she was wondering why my skin looks like that.





And if i do go, how much do you think it will cost for us? my family is low on money.|||Yes, if it is a problem for you then you should go. The derm can help with any skin problems, not just acne. Talk to your mom about looking at her insurance to see if it covers dermatology. If it does, then you would just have to pay for the co-payment when you go to your appointment and for the cream (or whatever they prescribe you). Mainly just see about insurance, if it%26#039;s covered, it really shouldn%26#039;t get too expensive. Trust me, it%26#039;s worth going to see a derm about any skin problems.|||No you do not need to go right now... There is very little a dermatologist can do for uneven skin tone other than tell you to get some sun... Meaning, dermatologists are good at treating skin disorders, but can do very little for pigment disorders...





My advice would be to eat allot more high quality fat in your diet (fish oil), and get a little more sun...|||I think you should see a dermatologist. And about the money, try getting a babysitting job or something easy. Make it like 7$ an hour and give 2$ to your parents and the rest for spending money or something like that. It%26#039;ll help and maybe it will get your parents to get yu to a derm.|||If it bothers you. you should go.


the dermatologist can help you.


i know i went to one and it did help me


i%26#039;m not sure how much it cost tho


anyways... good luck!|||You can get hypo-allergenic foundation,


and its relatively cheap.|||I would see a dermatologist. You can get help w/ moisturizers and sunscreens for sensitive skin and even tested to find out the cause of the sensitivity. I used to have a hard time with many products and found out from my dermatologist that I couldn%26#039;t use products with a fragrance, which many have. No problems since.





Many dermatology clinics have a separate office that deals with more aesthetic problems like fine lines and uneven skin tone. There are many effective products out there but most require that you use some type of SPF in the 40 - 75 range. Your problem could be related to your hormones so you might want to consider seeing your gynecologist and get some blood work. You uneven skin tone could be a symptom of a more serious condition. I started taking low dose estrogen last year and my acne problem has all but disappeared but the problem was actually related to a more serious condition. Discuss this with your dermatologist as well. In the 60%26#039;s women who took birth control pills, which were much higher in estrogen than they are today often had problems with skin discolorization.

No comments:

Post a Comment