Monday, November 21, 2011

What to expect from a dermatologist visit?

I have had rashes since April, and my parents finally said to visit a dermatologist, so I booked an appointment for mid august. (I will be out of the state until around then, and it was the closest option). Part of the rashes are where the zipper area is of my genitals (pubic hair/front area) and I was wondering if a dermatologist would check that area out, or if they will only look at arms/legs. I also have them on my buttocks and sometimes on my breasts, so I was just wondering if anyone had an idea.





Thanks!|||Since dermatology is a visual science, we will look at anyplace where the problem is, in order to get a diagnosis. If we are able to make the diagnosis just from your arms or legs, or buttocks, then we won%26#039;t have to look at your pubic area. But, occasionally, the rash may appear different in different areas, and it might give us a better clue than if we didn%26#039;t look.

No comments:

Post a Comment