Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm going to the dermatologist for some moderate acne, what can I expect?

I%26#039;ve never been to the dermatologist before. I%26#039;m 28 and for the past 3 years or so, have been dealing with stubborn acne. Its not all over my face, but there are always breakouts present somewhere. I%26#039;m excited about going because I think the doctor will be able to help me out. What kind of things will the doctor be able to do for me? Should I bring any products that I%26#039;m currently using so he can see them? Also, should I shave before I go so that the doctor can actually see the zits without stubble in the way? Thanks for all your help, I truly appreciate it.|||I don%26#039;t think you need to bring your products, but you should know what you use (or better the active ingredients). Your dermatologist will likely be familiar with them. I would say yes to the shave because there are several types of acne and it will make it easier for them to identify yours, but it%26#039;s not a must-do because they should be able to tell regardless.


You can expect a basic %26quot;look over%26quot; as they look at your skin for skin type, acne sores, etc. Depending on your acne, they%26#039;ll probably give you either a topical (cream/gel) or oral prescription to try depending on the severity or may just have you use different products than you do now. Either way, don%26#039;t be a afraid to go back if the prescribed treatments aren%26#039;t working for you. I%26#039;ve found a lot of it is trial and error to see what works for you. I%26#039;ve had and seen a lot of good results from knowledgeable Dermatologists. Good Luck.|||Well, it%26#039;s pretty easy. He or she is likely JUST going to look at your face. You may not want to shave yet because your acne may become inflamed making it look even worse. You want it to look like it normally does. You don%26#039;t need to take your products in, just know what you use. The dermatologist will likely prescribe an acne cream for you. That%26#039;s about all they do! Good luck to you!|||There is no universal treatment for acne that works for everyone. The doc will consider your skin type and other factors that might affect acne, so its a good idea to make a list of the products you have used or are currently using. It%26#039;s probably best to shave ahead of time since your shaving could be contributing to the problem, and its best for the doctor to see the whole picture. Docs may treat acne with various creams, scrubs, oral antibiotics, laser, or UV, depending on your circumstances. Don%26#039;t expect miracles, but you will probably gain some ability to better control the acne at the very least.|||Don%26#039;t go yet! Pine Tar Soap! Seriously! Call around to your local pharmacies until you locate some. A friend of mine bought some for her teenager who had boil like pimples and blackheads all over his face and back. After 2 weeks they are all gone! It is only about $4.00 a bar and works wonders. It is made out of the same thing that Drawing Salve for boils is made of. Don%26#039;t waste your money on expensive things like Proactive.





You can also buy some Retin A which used to be by prescription only and will make your face peel. Try the Pine Tar Soap first as the Retin A is expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment