Monday, July 26, 2010

Acne treatments from dermatologist?

Hi, I%26#039;m in my early 20s and just started having mild acne problems a few months ago, mostly whiteheads here and there on the cheeks. But it was getting frustrating so I went to the dermatologist last week and he gave me these creams to used:


-Benzoyl Perozide 5% gel (day time)


-Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution (day time)


-Retinoic Acid 0.1% cream (night time)





I guess I have very specific questions if anyone is familiar with the treatments above and experiences with visiting dermatologist in general:





1) He said treatment might make it worst before it gets better, what does it mean? And what is the time frame for the %26quot;worst%26quot; period?





2) And how long before I should expect to see visable AND touchable results?





I know everything takes time, but I would just like to know that what I%26#039;m doing will eventually lead to good results and I can get back to my life|||yeah... i understand.





It might get worse before it gets better. it depends on the medicine. some can take a week.. sometimes even longer.. just depends.


About the results.. im on quite a few medicines for acne, and mine has never cleared up all the way. Sometimes my face looks better than other times. To me, there is always something, but these things the doctor put on will probally make it a lot better.. if it doesnt clear up alll the way.|||The introduction of lasers, light sources and heat-based technologies mark the first new therapies to treat acne in more than 20 years,%26quot; said Dr. Taub. %26quot;Unlike their systemic counterparts that offer a short-term solution to treating acne by killing acne-causing bacteria, these devices work differently by altering the structure of the oil glands. Studies show that these newer treatments effectively shrink oil glands and, in some cases, even improve acne scarring and overall skin texture. However, the key to increasing their use among dermatologists is fine tuning the existing treatment protocols to ensure success for the majority of acne patients.%26quot;|||Acne treatment may be used by your dermatologist to remove blackheads and whiteheads. Do not pick, scratch, pop, or squeeze pimples yourself. When the pimples are squeezed, more redness, swelling, inflammation, and scarring may result.


Log on to http://tipsfromruby-acne.blogspot.com/ for a few home made tips to heal acne .

No comments:

Post a Comment