Monday, July 26, 2010

Is becoming a dermatologist too hard or realistic for me? Please read: ?

I really want to become a dermatologist. My Dad is a hand surgeon and tells me that is a great medical specialty. I also think its a pretty interesting field and have always hoped to become a doctor one day.





How hard is it to become a dermatologist though? After medical school, I hear you have to be at the TOP of your class to get into the residency??





I%26#039;m...above average when compared to all students, but in medical school, I think I%26#039;ll BE average.





I have a 4.3 GPA (all A%26#039;s, one B), take all my senior high school courses at a college, and have all the extracurriculars down...but my sat scores SUCK (ahem, I mean..they%26#039;re not that great): CR 710, Math 660, Writing 680.....





so based on how i am now, do you think i have a shot at becoming a dermatologist?|||Dermatology is a very competitive residency. Fortunately for you, you have 4 years before you even have to wory about that. College grades and activities are the only things you have to worry about, and you have a lot of growing and improving of your test taking abilities before the MCAT. I wouldn%26#039;t say your SAT scores suck. I may be wrong, but I believe each section is still scored out of 800. In that case, you are in pretty good shape. If you want to get into Derm, your best shot is going to a top 20 med school, so I recommend you work very hard in college from day 1. Get into research ASAP, do volunteering, etc.|||It really depends on how w

No comments:

Post a Comment