Thursday, July 22, 2010

My dermatologist didn't do anything about my acne??

I have reallly severe acne, all over my face. I went to see a dermatologist today. He said he was going to prescribe Accutane. I had heard about the side effects of Accutane and was already against it. My regular doctor even asked if I would like to try Accutane but I refused. Out of desperation, I almost agreed until I discovered I would have to have regular blood tests!!! I decided that I could not do that, and refused to use Accutane. The dermatologist didnt do anything else. My mom and I left, and I still don%26#039;t have a solution for my severe acne, that Ive had for three years. Im 15 and I cant live my life like this. Any solutions%26gt;|||The problem is that your dermatologist is wanting to treat the symptoms and not the %26quot;root cause%26quot; most likely because he doesn%26#039;t know what the root cause is. It is very typical for these guys to give you birth control pills or Accutane or some other drug to try and treat the symptoms. All this does is make you dependent upon the drugs and your body suffers because what is causing the problem is still there.





I cannot believe Accutane is even on the market and for doctors to prescribe this dangerous junk is ludicrous. The so called %26quot;side effects%26quot; are horrendous. Thalidamide was an FDA approved drug that caused babies to be born with no arms, etc. Women took it thinking it was good for them. This garbage reminds me of that drug. Accutane is a form of synthetic vitamin A. It reduces the amount of oil released by oil glands in your skin.





Accutane can cause severe, life-threatening birth defects if the mother takes the medication during pregnancy. Even one dose of Accutane can cause major birth defects of the baby%26#039;s ears, eyes, face, skull, heart, and brain. They tell you to never use Accutane if you are pregnant.





Women of child-bearing potential must agree in writing to use two specific forms of birth control and have regular pregnancy tests before, during, and after taking Accutane. These guys want you to get blood tests on a regular basis to make sure this junk is not causing you harmful effects. They want to test your liver as well and warn you not to miss any scheduled visits to your doctor. Unbelievable.





Do you actually believe that this garbage won%26#039;t harm your body? I%26#039;m surprised they don%26#039;t tell you that you should have your skin removed and replace it with plastic. That would fix your problem or let%26#039;s see, let%26#039;s just pour acid all over you and that will take the acne away. The logic of this whole Accutane thing is just incredible.





I think what you have here is a bunch of educated bozos that want to treat your symptoms and they have no clue what is causing the problem, so they are reaching into their bag of drug tricks to find anything to be able to charge you money, no matter what it does to you, health wise.





With Acne, there is a proven link to disordered intestinal bacterial ecology (often due to intestinal infection); poor diet exacerbates this condition (especially sugar, fried foods, hydrogenated oils). If you were not breast fed, you will have a slower response to treatments. Another potential reason for severe acne is PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). This affects about 1 million women in the U.S. each year. When you have this issue, you will also be getting the effects of a lot of testosterone (hair growth in areas that normally don%26#039;t get hair, etc.). If this is the case, it takes about 3 weeks of taking natural products to change this situation and the acne goes away. If you have taken antibiotics as a child, just one pill will destroy your intestinal flora and this is 3/4 of your immune system. Eating bad oils, like Soybean, Canola, Cottonseed, and Corn oils can wreak havoc with your body, especially if they are hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated. Because these oils are rancid when you buy them and they go rancid just from your body temperature when you eat them, they cause lots of problems with your intestines and generate toxic effects in the body.





There are specific protocols in nutrition that can make your body healthy for these conditions. To truly get to the %26quot;root cause%26quot; of the problem, it%26#039;s important that you be tested to determine where infections are in your body, specifically. Once you identify these sites, you can address them appropriately.





The body has an innate ability to heal and it strives to be healthy, not sick. When problems like this happen, it is generally due to nutritional deficiencies. I%26#039;ve never found a single person that has been deficient in drugs.





I suggest you find a good Certified Nutritional Therapist that knows how to do QRA testing. Get to the %26quot;root cause%26quot; of this problem and become healthy, not look for a symptom fix.





good luck to you|||Sorry kid, but severe acne is extremely hard to treat. If you want help, you need to take accutane. I know it seems scary, but I only have mild acne and I was fed up with nothing else working, I decided to take it. I%26#039;m not expiriencing terrible side effects and my acne is clearing up. If you don%26#039;t take accutane, you%26#039;re most likely to be try treatment after treatment after treatment for years to come with little to know results. Your dermotologist probably wanted you to take accutane for a reason, he or she probably knows that for your type of acne, nothing else will work. So you decide.|||Take high doses of vitamin A - it has been shown in studies to produce results similar to that of accutane.





Or take Zinc supplements - it is better than clindamycin or tetracycline which are often prescribed for acne.





Or get microdermabrasion, or spa facials.





And tan, that really helps too.|||listen, accutaine isint that bad, i had severe accne about 3 months ago, like the worse it can get and i started taking accutaine, i was scared to get my blood work done too but its all worth it, it doesint hurt and in about 1 month you will have no more accne and just some red spots, and in a few more months it will all be gone|||Get a differnt Dermatologist..... See if there is a Pediatric Dermatologist in your area.|||im 15 too! im usin pro activ also, a little help but not much...as u know i cant rly help since i have the problem. lol but good luck!|||I have been using proactive for about 5 years now and it really does work. I%26#039;m not just saying that. I used to have really bad acne, i had zits all over my face and i was even embarrassed to go out. I tried to cover it up with make-up but it didn%26#039;t work. Proactive really really helped me and now i hardly ever get zits. sure, from time to time i still get a few small ones but its not that bad. There are many products they offer that help you. the commercials don%26#039;t lie. It really does help!!!





Another thing that you might consider is bare minerals make-up. its actually good for your skin and its natural. i have been using it for 3 years and i absolutely love it. It doesn%26#039;t even look like your wearing make-up so people just think you have nice skin. I didn%26#039;t start using it until after my acne problems were gone though so I%26#039;m not sure how it will look with acne but I%26#039;m sure it will look good.





You should really consider checking out both proactive and bare minerals. they are kinda spendy but its really worth it! And keep in mind that it took about a year for my skin to be clear. But different people have different results so it could work faster for you.





oh and another thing is try not to touch your face. The oils from your hands and fingers can cause you to get acne.





I hope this was helpful to you. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment