Thursday, July 22, 2010

Any Dermatologist or Pediatrists on here that can help me? Fungus?

I know this is long but PLEASE I really need an answer. I%26#039;ll be so thankful. :(





I%26#039;ve been stressed out and depressed for the last 4 months after %26quot;thinking I have%26quot; or having foot fungus.





To make a long story short I kept my tight shoes and socks on for 5 days straight in a really hot heated room while I was in a hospital. :(





When I got home day 5 I took them off and they were soaking with sweat, blisters and peeling skin and I took a shower right away. I was so stupid.





Two weeks later I started to think I had athletes foot or something because they where still red, itchy, burning and peeling skin on the bottom of my feet. I went to a dermatologist who took a skin clipping and said I didn%26#039;t have anything.





NOW 4 months later my toe nails are yellow and my feet are itchy with white skin (looks like dry skin) but I think its fungus?





Below is a picture of what the skin looks like (not my foot in the picture and my nails aren%26#039;t that bad). copy the link into your browser its a picture I found on google.





http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/haRDIN/MD/pictu鈥?/a>





Please can anybody tell me what is going on with my feet?|||HI, I am not a doctor or nurse, but I do work at a derm clinic and the yellow toenails are an indication of onychomycosis (nail fungus). The rest of your description does sound like fungus of the foot. Which is all treatable with prescription medications. You may want to try a NEW dermatologist, or go back to the other one, and have them culture both the SKIN and TOE NAIL clippings (in fact, when you go, bring some toenail clippings with you). They need to re culture everything again because it definitely looks like fungus. And definitely treatable with a prescription cream or Lamisil. Or your primary care doctor may be able to do the same tests for you.|||That most definitely looks fungal. Go to a real doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment