Thursday, July 22, 2010

Should I go to another dermatologist? I went to a dermatologist last week due to?

having this lump on the side of my cheek (face) which was reddish. Three weeks had passed before I decided to go. The dermatologist stated it was an ingrown hair. So, he proceeded to cut into it and let some blood bleed, with some needles. He then covered it with a little gauze and bandage, and asked me to take the following med for about a week, Doryx (doxycycline hyclate). Several days have passed and I still have a visible lump on the side of my face. It%26#039;s not reddish as before; now it%26#039;s green-grey. Should I see someone else? I don%26#039;t like having this bump on my face.|||It sounds like he lanced and drained your %26quot;bump%26quot; and now it is just a matter of time! Noone will surgically remove a bump that is clearly healing on it%26#039;s own. If it is not infected, not hot to the touch, and doesn%26#039;t hurt anymore, it sounds like it is dying down and needs a while to heal.





I would just call the office to see when you should expect it to be gone. However, you probably had a three week long infected ingrown so naturally it will take a long time to recover from that. =) Good luck.|||I would go back to the same one. Doctors get testy when you go to them and tell them you think another doctor made a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment