Saturday, July 24, 2010

Trouble with dermatologist?

I have acne and I%26#039;ve been seeing a dermatologist about it for a year. Before that, my doctor was the one dealing with my acne. Anyway, ever since I%26#039;ve been seeing this dermatologist my acne has been getting progressively worse and it kind of seems like my dermatologist is not seeing this. He keeps prescribing me the same stuff for it every time I see him (Benzac) and it doesn%26#039;t work at all. He told me to stick with it and I would start seeing results but I have been %26#039;sticking with it%26#039; for a year and it hasn%26#039;t been working. I notice that at my appointments with this dermatologist he seems distracted and in a rush and I understand that he is VERY busy, but shouldn%26#039;t I as a patient be getting proper attention? Anyway I would appreciate some advice on what to do because I don%26#039;t want to come off as rude if I try and say something to him about this!|||I%26#039;d totally complain. First off you are paying him not the other way around. He%26#039;s working for you - and obviously what he%26#039;s suggesting isn%26#039;t working (sometimes the drug co%26#039;s push their medications on the MD for kick backs) so just say it isn%26#039;t working you aren%26#039;t happy.


If you don%26#039;t have guts to complain to him complain to the front desk OR his office manager -





In the mean time go back to your regular MD too if you get nowhere - in the medical loophole.|||you are paying for his time and advice.You have a right to tell him you feel he is distracted.That you feel no improvement is made.could he recommend some other treatment.


It is his job to treat you not only medically but with full attention.


Also he may refer you to another Dr. sometimes a dr. that is not taking new clients will take a referral.


Dr. are not always right and you have the right to question.|||Try ProActive. I%26#039;ve seen it on TV. It%26#039;s supposed to work well. Just quit seeing him if you think he%26#039;s a quack.





Personally, I use Noxema and a hot wash cloth to keep my face clean. When I do get a pimple, I treat it with rubbing alcohol three times a day.





Good luck and quit paying a quack.

No comments:

Post a Comment