Saturday, July 24, 2010

Acne/Dermatologist Help!?

Okay, there is only one dermotogist in our area. The closest other one is 4 hours round trip.





The first time I went, they gave me a face was (40 bucks), a creme to stop oil, retin-a, and minocycline. I didn%26#039;t get to see the actual dermo, just a nurse.





I went back and saw her again and asked if there was anything else I could take, becuase it wasn%26#039;t working. She said it was this or Accutane. I said no accutane.





I went again today and was supposed to see the real dermo. He saw me for less than 5 minutes, gave me another antibiotic and said it was this or Accutane. I told him I don%26#039;t want Accutane. When he came back in he stressed Acutane again.





We don%26#039;t have alot of money and I cannot buy the face wash. That would be about 80 dollars a month. I told him I couldn%26#039;t afford it. He offered no alternative, just crossed it off the list.





We get to the pharmacy and they tell us the gel he gave me was 90 dollars!





What should I do? Why are they pushing Accutane on me?|||Derms, in general, tend to be the only group of doctors which have an active distaste towards generics. You have to be adamant about getting generics with them when it comes to creams.


Other generic prescription level acne washes include benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, and erythromycin cream


Accutane is a pill not a cream. It should only be used as a last resort. You are required to show you are not pregnant at every refill.

No comments:

Post a Comment