Monday, July 26, 2010

Regimen prescribed by dermatologist?

Hi all.





I recently went to my derm and he prescribed me a range of things, if after 3 months they do not work he said I will need ro-accutane.





This is what he prescribed me.





Mornings -


Benzac AC wash, benzoyl peroxide 50mg/g. 5%. This is a face wash that I put on, leave for 30 seconds then wash off.





6% sal acid, 15% prop glycol in 70% alc 200 .


This was a mix the chemist made up, not much on the bottle except for its highly flammable.


I rub this on my face in the morning and it stays on.





Because this stuff has a big dry out effect, he gave me -


redwin sensitive skin sorbolene moisturizer, with 10% plant derived glyerine. I would use this every morning.


Ingredients -


water, glycerin, sorbitol, stearic acid, mineral oil, cetearyl alchol, triethanolamine, triticum vulgare (wheat germ oil)











Nights -


Benzac AC wash, benzoyl peroxide 50mg/g. 5%. This is a face wash that I put on, leave for 30 seconds then wash off.





5% sulphur in calamine lotion. Calamine lotion B.P mixed with 5% sulphur











So yeah thats about it, what do you reckon about that regimin? Anything wrong with it? Any tips etc?


Is the moisturizer good? I%26#039;ve heard moisturizers can be bad for acne, is this one?|||You pay a dermatologist then come online with a run down of what they order for approval? So if I don%26#039;t agree with the doc how much do I get???





If you don%26#039;t trust the dermatologist then why did you go see that particular one. Yeah I am sure that those treatments and all that washing will be drying....so would you prefer to shrivel into a prune? Dry skin is bad for acne....causes more oil production. Did you know that? Think about it for a minute. So the right moisturizer is good then....huh? And who you going to believe about what is right and wrong?





But I will still take $250 for all this. ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment