Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cosmetic Dermatologist?

I had an idea of becoming a Cosmetic Dermatologist and I was wondering everything I need to know about Cosmetic Dermatology.I want to know ..





1.)How much do they make on average a year?


2.)Stuff Cosmetic Dermatologist deal with


3.)What grades you need to get during highschool


4.)What Courses I need to take


5.)how many years of school will it take


6.)What is the best college in Florida for it


7.)And -anything- else that i did not mention I would really like to know every thing about it and what I need to know to prepare for it =D





if anyone can answer all of my questions you will be GREATLY appreciated!!!and will get best answered thank you!!|||My husband%26#039;s uncle has recently gone from being a medical/surgical dermatologist to a part-time retirement type job of doing cosemtic dermatology.





From what he has said to be a cosmetic dermatologist you still need to do all the same preparations it takes to become a doctor. You will need to take lots of biology and chemistry classes. Your grades in high school are important in getting into a good college, but what will matter most are your grades in collee in your biology and chemistry classes so you can go into medical school.





Once you have completed medical school you will start and try to get a residency in Dermatology. It is one of the most sought after residencies along with ENT (ears nose and throat). Many doctors want these professions because they are low-emergency, low-stress types of jobs... You rarely get a paniced call in the middle of the night because someone%26#039;s botox just wore off... (like you would if someone went into labor or if there were some sort of large trauma)





Though one thing to consider, theoretically you would not need to be a certified Dermatologist in order to perform procedures such as microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and inject botox. I believe any licensed M.D. can do those procedures, though it will go a long way with your credibility if you do become a board certified dermatologist.|||I agree with vannessa.

No comments:

Post a Comment