Saturday, July 24, 2010

Does your dermatologist make you feel bad about your skin?

I%26#039;ve been going to my derm for a few months now, and I have noticed a great change in my acne. However, he always says that it should be better by now and goes on to further prescribe every pill, gel, and ointment under the sun for my skin. It%26#039;s like he hasn%26#039;t noticed any progress at all. Yes, I%26#039;m black and have lots of dark marks that takes a looonnng time to heal, but they too have started to go away. But no, he just says it should be better and starts telling me about more drugs I should use. For those of you with skin conditions, have you had this happen?|||that%26#039;s too bad that you leave his office feeling worse than when you went in. It%26#039;s very common in black skin to get postinflammatory hyperpigmentation (dark marks after having had a pimple). They tend to fade over a long period of time, but I have found that the use of Azaleic acid cream helps both the acne and the dark marks. See if your dermatologist is familiar with using that. At this point in your treatment, you should be noticing less bumps, but still have the dark marks. I wonder if your dermatologist is frustrated by the dark marks. Does he have a lot of experience in treating black skin??

No comments:

Post a Comment