Saturday, July 24, 2010

Iam a dermatologist.I want to take closeup shots. Iam not happy withDSC F-717 Sony.Suggest me best camera?

My budget is Rs 50000 to60000. Where I can get [ india,singapore,dubai,usa] at cheaper price?|||You may want to read the consumer written reviews at cheapest prices search engine. They have over a million reviews and almost every merchant on the Internet is there.


Good luck and I hope this helps.





Lisa|||Nikon D70. Or even the Canon Rebel. you just need macro settings. ask you local camera dealer, thier knowledge is the best rescource. Wolf camera, CCcamera is the best place... but I think they are only in the LOU.|||If you need the instant results that a digital gives you, then you need to get one that will take a very good quality macro lens. I would suggest either Nikon or Canon high mega pixel cameras for that. But since I know that you have to have color accuracy (because of your occupation), I would stick to a standard camera, film SLR, and use one of the macro lenses that has the flash that will go around the end of the lens





Pardon my attitude here, but I think doctors and teaching hospitals in particular expect more than they going to get when it comes to visuals. If you take a picture at 5400K, then you should project it with 5400K. Otherwise y our colors come out wrong.





Since Olympus has been a primary supplier to the medical industry for eons, find out if Olympus makes one of the macro lenses with the flash ring available for it.|||I do not know what your currency exchange is, but I have already written this using US dollars. You can check out the prices locally and see if it fits your budget. I am a dentist and I do some intraoral photography.





I%26#039;ll tell you what I use and what you might consider. I got a Nikon D70s for personal use, with the thought that I could also get a macro lens and use it in the office. I got myself a new camera for personal use, as I found that I wanted to leave this setup in the office at all times. I would say that a Nikon D50 would be perfectly adequate for intraoral use, but you might find a good buy on a D70s, as they are being closed out right now. 6 MP is PLENTY for intraoral use. You would not need a huge memory card for limited use, but I%26#039;d still suggest a 1 GB card with accelerated write speed, like a Sandisk Ultra or Extreme or a Lexar 80x card.





I am using a Nikon 60 mm Macro lens, which translates into about 90 mm in %26quot;35 mm equivalent.%26quot; This gives plenty of working distance. Nikon also has a 105 Macro and the brand new 105 VR Macro, but you said, %26quot;simple and effective.%26quot;





I use the built-in pop-up flash rather than a $400-600 marco lighting set-up. It%26#039;s free. %26quot;Simple and effective.%26quot;





Set the camera in Aperture priority and choose f:11, f:16 or so, depending on personal preference. Set the EV at -0.7 stops. Perhaps you would like a different EV setting, but this is what works for me. After that, in autofocus, it%26#039;s a point and shoot with wonderful results.





I see the D50 is out of stock at B%26amp;H, but it sells for $550.


The D70s is also out of stock, but sells for $700.


The D80, arriving in September, will be $1,000.


The Macro 60mm f:2.8 lens is also backordered, but sells for $400.


The Macro 105mm f:2.8 lens is available for $660.


The Macro 105mm f:2.8 VR is out of stock, but sells for $830.





SO - pick your price and find a match. If you can find a D50 and 60mm Macro lens, you would have an excellent intraoral camera for under $1,000. I have seen kits to modify point and shoots that cost more than that.





Here%26#039;s a sample shot from my D70s with the 60mm lens. I admit that it is not %26quot;presentation quality,%26quot; but it was just a quick shot to communicate with the lab.





http://www.members.aol.com/swf08302/D70s鈥?/a>|||Not being totally familiar with that camera, what mega pixels it is and that sort of thing, I can only respond to what you want to do with what cameras I would look at.





Since all your work will be close up you need a macro lens or attachement.


I would suggest you go with a dslr or an slr (which is not digital and therefore the results will not be immediate in nature.) You can get a good dslr, for what you are doing I would recomment no less than 8 mega pixels for the detail and clarity, although I think you also need to invest in a sturdy tripod. I use an Olympus evolt e500 and have interchangeable lens including a macro and wide angle lens attachement. They are reasonably priced although I am unfamiliar with your currency so am not sure what your budget is.





A point and shoot will not be sufficient in my opinion as it has such a limited focal range and usually no ability to add a macro lens. (some have a macro setting but this is very limited.)


You can check out some cameras at http://www.silvaspoon.net/cameras.html


and there are links down the left column of some of the better outlets that usually have cameras on sale.|||You%26#039;ve to take a Macro based camera or a camera with very good zoom...You can try canon S3IS at www.singaporemall.in|||You really need to upgrade your camera. For the type of work you are talking about, I would recommend an entry level digital SLR. The one you probably want is the new Canon Rebel XTi (this camera is also known as the EOS 400D, outside the United States).





http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneo鈥?/a>


http://dcresource.pricegrabber.com/searc鈥?/a>





I have no idea how you might order this, where you live, except online. In terms of US dollars, these places offer reasonable prices and are well within your budget as of today%26#039;s currency exchange rates.





You might want to consider buying a macro lens for this camera to take ultra close up shots of various lesions.





http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/contro鈥?/a>


http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getpr鈥?/a>





http://dcresource.pricegrabber.com/searc鈥?/a>|||You may want to look into a Nikon or Canon DSLR with a decent macro lens and a ring flash. That%26#039;s more or less what dentists are using nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment