Thursday, July 22, 2010

Help! dermatologist advice needed! Vitamins, Akne-Zyme good for acne??

I am a 16 year old female and i have severe acne. i have taken every single topical gel, antibiotic, anything that can be used for acne and nothing worked for me. Yes, not even Proactiv solutions could perform miracles on me. my next step is to take accutane and i need some advice for the risks, dangers, side effects, or just any information about it.





i was also wondering if taking different types of vitamins would help. i heard a, zink, types of b, and c vitamins help, but does this really work? there is something called Derma Klear Akne-Zyme that is a combination of a bunch of vitamins, but is this the way to go?





any advice or information would be helpful. thanks!|||I did Acutane, it will work (but it may wear off after about 5 years.) Your skin will be perfect, but it does have many dangerous side effects. I have joint problems from it, I had horrible mood swings while I was on it and my good friend got Diabetes while taking it. Depression is also a very serious issue and ppl have committed suicide while on Acutane. Acutane is just a near deadly dose of vitamin A. Try everything before using the Acutane.





I suggest using Clearasil Stayclear pore cleansing pads every night after you wash your face with a gentle cleanser (I like Aveeno). When my acne came back pretty bad I didnt want to do Acutane again and these have completely cleared up my skin. (Give it a month, at least to see good results)





Sorry so long...but also try a birth control pill that helps clear up acne.|||As a daughter of a dermatologist and acne patient since age 10, I have tried and tested every pill and lotion and cream, some of them even before they came on the market.


Dad%26#039;s products worked - they gave me lots of unwanted side effects and though the blistered skin had fewer pimples, it did not look any prettier :(





I found a few products at the beauty shops which alleviated the symptoms but they are no longer on the market today.





Over the past 12 years I have used vitamins and minerals in food supplements, but I did not notice any difference.





The only thing that DID make a difference for me, was cutting out milk and all products with milk in it. Most adults are lactose intolerant and don%26#039;t know it. I only heard at a nutrition seminar I attended and decided to give it a try.


Sometimes I eat them again and sure enough, the next day I don%26#039;t like looking in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment