Saturday, July 24, 2010

Convincing a dermatologist?

I have had acne for a year now. My mother had mild acne that required a prescription and so did my brother. They both went to the dermatologist when young (my bro is and I am) mom when she was younger. anyway, they were first prescribed tetracycline. my mother had a terrible reaction to it such as having the acne worsen and not help at all, my brother did not have a reaction; the tetracycline simply did not work. He was put on it for 6 months before switching off to acutane, my mom took it too and it worked like a charm (so did my brother all worked perfectly). Now, im going to the dermatologist tomorrow and i need help convincing the dermatologist to directly put me on acutane and skip the tetracycline. Any suggestions or convincing arguments to give the doctor would be massively helpful. Awarding a best answer as well. (10 stars)|||You want to go straight to accutane? That should be a last resort. Its so dangerous. Side effects even include depression so extreme that they have become suicidal. Dont take it. Its so dangerous you are required to sign a consent form. I REALLY REALLY advise not jumping straight into accutane. If your brother and mom didn%26#039;t experience it, that is not a reason for you to be cautious about these side effects. You never know how it will affect you.





btw...Tetracycline attacks the acne from within. Just that wont be sufficient. You will also need a topical medication. If tetracycline was all they were taking, theres your reason why the acne didn%26#039;t go away. Ask about Erythromycin and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel, Retin-A Micro, as well as Minocycline. I had severe cyctsic acne and these worked on me. I would think twice about Accutane. Actually...more than twice. I would be scared to take it. also...different medications affect people differently. Just because Tetracycline didn%26#039;t work well on your mom or brother, it doesn%26#039;t mean it wont work on you. maybe even Accutane wont work on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment