Monday, July 26, 2010

Can a dermatologist really help?

Im 15, I know Im going through the acne ****, but if I go to the dermatologist can they really help, or will they just perscribe some bullshit too me?





I have blemishes all over my face, and little bumps (i think theyre whiteheads or somthing) I wash my face in the morning and night and keep my hands away, but no matter what I still have all this annoying ****





especially these bumps, theyre ****** pissing me off the most because the redness goes away with washing and taking care of my skin, but those bumps wont go away!





anyone help|||Not too long ago I went through the same exact thing as you. I had acne and whiteheads all over my face. I tried everything that you could possibly try at the drugstore and nothing worked so finally i gave up and decided to go to my doctor. My doctor prescribed me 3 different medications. 2 were topical and 1 was oral. One of the topicals was called %26quot;clindamycin phosphate sol 1%%26quot; which my doctor advised me to use every morning and the other was called %26quot;retin-a 0.025% cream%26quot; which she said to use every night, the oral medication is called %26quot;doxycycline hyclate%26quot; which you take once every morning and once every night. the topicals don%26#039;t cost that much and they last you a really, really long time; I%26#039;m still on my first bottles. The oral medication costs about 20 dollars for 100 pills.





The pills basically change your hormones so they take a month before they actually start working but it is so worth it. My face is super clear now and I haven%26#039;t had a pimple for so long. I don%26#039;t think you have to go to your dermatologist, I just went to my doctor. Just write down the names of the acne medications i gave you and ask your doctor if they could help you too. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment