Monday, July 26, 2010

For any Dermatologist out there!?

i am working on a carreer project for school and (i want to be a dermatologist) so if somone that is a dermatologist please help me out:(or if anyone knows the answer to some of these ?%26#039;s)





1. what type of personality characteristics best suit the job?





2. What are some benefits of the job and if you don%26#039;t mind annual salary?





3. what is a typical day like on the job?





4. what type of education and/or special training was required for you to become a dermatologist?





5. what can a high school student do to prepare for the job?|||I%26#039;m actually a junior at a university and I want to be a dermatologist. So I might be able to help out a little bit.





In highschool I did a senior project and I job shadowed a dermatologist.. you might want to look into doing that if at all possible.





Okay so it depends what you plan on taking in college as your major. I went to a university that had a pre-med and I majored in Pre-med chemistry. Then I transfered to another university where they don%26#039;t have a pre-med major.. but I am now majoring in just Chemistry.





Now to go to med school you can major in Biology or Chemistry.. but either one you major in you will still have to take the other courses. You will have to take up to calc 2.. but they recommend taking calc 3. (Calc 3 is actually easier than Calc 2)





Your college should have a list of requirements for whichever major you choose, but remember that you want to go to med school after.. so there%26#039;s alot of requirements for med school beyond Chem and Bio major requirements.





After your 4 years, you can go onto Med School for dermatology. You will have to take the MCATS which is probably the hardest test anyone would have to take. It has a biology part, chemistry part, math part, and one other part I can%26#039;t remember off the top of my head. Plus you need to remember ALOT of med schools won%26#039;t accept anyone with a GPA lower than a 3.8 .. So this is going to be ALOT of work. Make sure your willing to put all the effort into it.





Plus it also depends on what type of dermatologist you want to be.. there%26#039;s the surgical side with plastic surgery and then just a regular dermatologist.





I hoped I helped! Sorry I couldn%26#039;t answer all of you questions.|||ftybmn

No comments:

Post a Comment