Saturday, July 24, 2010

Could my dermatologist miss scabies? How fast does it spread over your whole body?

I woke up Friday morning with a few blisters on each wrist. Throughout Friday the rash spread to my leg then abdomen. By Saturday it had gotten worse so my family made me go to the ER. The ER doctors said it was maybe contact dermatitis or a virus. They gave me a shot, prednisone and stuff to help the itching. It hadn%26#039;t gotten better by Monday but in fact had spread to my toes so I went to my doctor%26#039;s office. My doctor couldn%26#039;t see me so a nurse saw me, freaked out and sent me to a dermatologist. The dermatologist said she thought it was a drug allergy. I take a few medications for my headaches and back problems. She kept saying, %26quot;it%26#039;s so diffuse that it has to be a drug allergy%26quot;. It hasn%26#039;t gotten better and I was googling, accidentally came across scabies and it looks like my rash. Now I am freaking out!!!!! I don%26#039;t want to give this to my baby. Could my doctor miss scabies? I have dogs. I have read that dogs can pass it to humans and have also read that they cannot. We have had all of these squirrels dying in our neighborhood, is there a link? I can%26#039;t possibly think of where else I could have gotten scabies. I also really want to know; does scabies spread that fast over your body?|||Did they do a biopsy or a skin scraping? That can help determine what it is. It seems like it could be a drug allergy. Have you started a new medication? Also can you be allergic to something new such as detergent, food reaction etc?





Meditator


Skin Rash Info


http://www.itchyskinrash.net

No comments:

Post a Comment