Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Help from an honestttt dermatologist PLEASE!!!!! =]?

i went to the dermatologist for the first time today because I%26#039;ve been getting little tiny bumps all over my face. most of them are the same color as my skin and some are whiteheads and blackheads-you get the idea. so my doc. prescribed Retin-A MICRO (microsphere, 0.04%) to me. and i did i read a few comments about it online but mannnyy people complain about it and say it doesn%26#039;t and only makes their skin worse! is this true?? what causes their skin to get worse? should I use it? I dont want my skin to get any worse than it already is! some advice pleasee!! ANYONE out there whom Retin-A has worked for you!?!





thank uuuuuuuuuuuu!! =]|||Retin-A worked for me when I was younger. I am still using it today for occasional breakouts and for wrinkles. Yes, it can dry out your skin at first; be sure to use a light moisturizer that does not clog your pores (non-comedogenic). If the Retin-A irritates your skin at first (rash and/or redness) use it half as frequently: i.e. if you apply once a day, cut back to once every other day until your skin adjusts.





If I understand correctly, Retin A makes the top layers of cells on the applied area grow more quickly and lift to the surface of your skin. So it is not at all uncommon for the product to make your acne appear worse for the first few weeks. It%26#039;s frustrating, but if you are patient and stay with it, you will likely notice tremendous improvement within a month or so.





A couple things that might help with acne in general: DO NOT use alcohol toners, astrigints, or those little scrubby buff pads that rip off the top layer of your skin. Wash with a gentle soap using only your fingertips, or sometimes with a soft washcloth, then pat dry and apply moisturizer. Treat the skin of your face like the surface of a balloon that you don%26#039;t want to pop: very, very gently.





I am not a dermatologist, just someone who suffered from acne for a very long time. Yes, Retin A worked well for me. If you have any doubts, be sure to ask your dermatologist about these points I have mentioned. He or she will steer you right and can also recommend good soaps and moisturizers to use.|||retin-a does dry out and bleach skin, but if u use it on a regular bases you skin get used to it and recovers. u may aslo wanna try face mosturizer or toner|||when i used it, it bleached my skin, and my skin felt irritated and sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment