Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Should I ask my dermatologist about Accutane?

I posted this earlier but I put it in Men%26#039;s Health by mistake...I%26#039;m not a man.





I want to try Accutane because I have acne and even though it%26#039;s not really severe or cystic, it%26#039;s persistent. I always have 1-2 pimples and everything I%26#039;ve tried from the drugstore works temporarily and then I%26#039;m back to normal.





I went to the doctor (not dermatologist) about my acne- he said it wasn%26#039;t that bad and gave me Stievamycin Gel Mild 0.01%. I use it exactly how it says and nothing has happened, I%26#039;m actually getting some new acne.





I have very oily skin, bad blackheads but mild acne. Will Accutane help?|||I think that%26#039;s a little harsh. My friend took accutane, but she had severe acne, and it makes your hair fall out. Maybe something like bactrum would be better.|||Yes more then likely, ask your dermatologist for other solutions first though. Accutane is very harsh on your liver and drys you up bad, its a pretty heavy acne drug so if other solutions are possible i would vote for those.|||Yes i used Accutane. It is an aggressive treatment, but it definitely gets rid of acne, i%26#039;ve been acne free since i used it 11 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment