Friday, August 20, 2010

WhWhat is the difference between dermatologist and physician assistant? at would you like to ask?

I’m breaking out a lot I have acne scars and I made an appointment with the dermatologist. A friend of the family recommended the doctor to me. I search for the doctors website and it says “physician assistant is working with the doctor to be able to provide more efficient and timely care for all our patients”. I’m assuming the doctor is busy because I had to make the appointment months in advance I’m also assuming the physician assistant see the patients because it also says she has been personally trained by the doctor. My question is who should I see the dermatologist or the physician assistant the consultation is expensive and I want to get the best treatment. I just want to feel good about myself again I have a low self esteem because of my acne.|||Im a physician assistant, a PA does 70% of medical school, and works closely and under the supervision of doctors. with that said this derm PA and doctor work closely together when treating their patients. It doesn%26#039;t matter if the PA or doctor sees you, because both of them will get the information they need to help you with your problem. The doctor probably trained the PA to his own personal protocol on how to treat acne and the PA will do nothing different from what the doctor would do. so essentially you are seeing 2 professionals instead of one. Once you are examined they will collaborate and decide which creams, washes or pills are best for your type of acne (there are several types, and each have their own meds that can help). Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment