Monday, August 23, 2010

Shoud l go to the dermatologist?HELP!?

My mom says she wants to take me to the dermatologist but I%26#039;m a little afraid. My dad says that my stepsister had acne when she was a teen and they gave her a medication and now she can%26#039;t have babies. Do all dermatologist give you pills or does it depend on how severe your acne is. Mine is not so bad but I%26#039;m afraid it%26#039;ll get worse. I have really tan oily skin and I think acne runs in the family. I also want to get rid of it so bad but I don%26#039;t know what to do.Having acne makes me feel less confident and I don%26#039;t like it. Do you guys know what products I should use.Thanks for your help.|||Maybe your dad was exaggerating? If your sister really became sterile from medicine, your family could probably sue the doctor for a lot of money.





You should just go see the doctor and decide afterwards whether or not you need to be afraid. Going there may calm your fears. I think you are worrying too far in advance. When you see the doctor, he might be able to explain it better.





There%26#039;s nothing to risk losing by just going. You don%26#039;t have to take the medicine if you feel uncomfortable. The good thing about acne is that even though it doesn%26#039;t look that great. It%26#039;s just a cosmetic thing.





But anyways, I heard Proactiv works really well for acne.


Also, varying your diet helps. If you eat a lot of oily foods it actually shows up as oil. Get plenty of hydration. Drink lots of water. Eat little salt.





Good luck!|||I would say no.


if you%26#039;re unsure about it, don%26#039;t go.


buy some clearasil stayclear acne treatment cream (vanishing/invisible)!!!!!!!!!!!! it works amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can buy it at most drug stores.


i wouldn%26#039;t go, especially if there%26#039;s risks like stopping you from having children (I want to be a mom some day, so to me this would be a risk)





you can work on confidence, and change your self-esteem, but you can%26#039;t change something permanent (obviously) :)





a big way to help urself would be to DO SOME RESEARCH!!! find out how high the risks are, etc. then decide :)





hope this helps :)|||They probably put her on a birth control pill, thats what he meant by her not being able to have babies:) Birth control pills can help with acne so sometimes its prescribed for that. Don%26#039;t worry, once she%26#039;s off the pill she can have babies.|||use clearasil ultra acne solution system or Clean and Clear acne control kit or heres a home remedy put honey on yur face for about 30 minutes every day or rub garlic directly on acne or pimple





http://www.susangaer.com/studentprojects鈥?/a>





http://skincare.lovetoknow.com/Home_Reme鈥?/a>








hope this helps =)|||I think what your dad is referring to is a medication called acutane(generic brand is called claravis). This medication is for severe acne. While taking it, you should NOT get pregnant as the baby will be born with birth defects. Guys shouldn%26#039;t have sex, as the same rule applies if they get a girl pregnant. Dermatologists do NOT always prescribe pills. I go to a dermatologist. When my acne was more severe, I was on acutane. It worked wonders. Now, after the six month course is over, I%26#039;ve been put on several creams, which help keep the minor breakouts from occuring. You shouldn%26#039;t be scared to go vist a dermatologist. Trust me, you will be GLAD you did.|||The only medication that has adverse effect on babies is accutane and it doesn%26#039;t have any long term effects, you just can%26#039;t get pregnant while on the medication or for 30 days after, it does NOT cause infertility. Either your father is trying to scare you, she had some other medical condition that caused infertility or he has zero clue what he%26#039;s talking about.





A dermatologist will start you off on a low level treatment, they don%26#039;t want to start off with the strong stuff right away since some can have side effects. Most likely, it%26#039;ll be something topical and a course of antibiotics. I mean really, do you honestly believe that your mother and Dr would put you on something dangerous?





Don%26#039;t worry, you%26#039;ll be fine and have pretty clear skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment