Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm going to the dermatologist soon for acne, what can I expect?

I%26#039;m 19 and I have moderate acne. I%26#039;m going to tell him that I%26#039;ve used all sorts of creams for my face and none of them help, that my make-up is completely oil-free and safe, that I%26#039;ve been breaking out more now than I ever did during puberty.


So, what can I expect? I am wondering what he will prescribe me.|||Well if nothing else works you should ask about a drug called accutane. It%26#039;s the most powerful acne medication out right now. You%26#039;re on it for about five months. Pretty much after that your face will stay clear. You will look like you never had acne before. The draw back with this drug is that there are side effects. Since you are a woman it will be harder to get because if you get pregnant during the treatment there is a high chance of a birth defect. The common side effects are dry skin and dry lips. Also at first you may break out more but, this will only be temporary. I took accutane and i%26#039;m very satisfied. My face is totally clear. If nothing else has worked try asking about this medication.|||You can expect a lot of trial and error.





I have suffered from acne for over 25 years and glad to say it is under control now.





The biggest thing is be patient. Some medications take up to 60 days to start working.





Remember these are proffesionals but they are just doing their best with a disease that still has a lot of mysteries.





Below you can find a lot of great articles when it comes to acne, acne relief, acne scarring and so much more.|||Depending on the severity, a topical medication or a pill. Since you are so young, probably a topical solution. Have you ever tried Proactiv?? It seems to work for a lot of people that I have known. Benzyol peroxide 10 % (clean and clear) is very effective to use for acne. Proactiv%26#039;s ingredients have the Benzyol in all of the products. Acids are ok too, like salicylic, but I think that benzyol works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment