Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Should I see a dermatologist? Is it worth the hassle, the embarrasment, and the money?

I%26#039;ve had acne problems ever since I was 11, and I am now almost 20. It was really bad there for a few years, but over the past year or so it has gotten a lot better, but it is still a problem. At this point I usually have just a few relatively small pimples all the time, and I get big ones a couple times a month.





But, it%26#039;s still a problem. I never go swimming, I can%26#039;t take a shower around a friend or a guy, or take my makeup off around people (so I can%26#039;t really spend the night).





And, while the small amount of acne that I do have is the most bothersome, I also have very small scars/uneven skin that bothers me because of my past acne.





I think I might be growing out of it, but with something like acne, you never know. Although it has gotten a lot better, my skin is still a big problem for me and I would like to take care of it once an for all.





Please don%26#039;t suggest over-the-counter products- I know that, if I want my skin problem taken care of, I NEED to see a doctor. So, my question is, do dermatologists really work and are they worth the money? How much is it? What exactly do they do, and how often do you go in to their office? Do I have to take my makeup off/keep it off on the way back from the office?|||They%26#039;re worth it if you%26#039;d like to improve your appearance. If you%26#039;re happy with your skin (which it seems you are not), then don%26#039;t go. Otherwise, I believe it%26#039;s worth every dime to see a professional. Insurance does cover some of it, in some instances. Call local dermatologists and ask if they accept your insurance, and at what percentage. And then make an appointment. I%26#039;m not sure how often you go in. It depends on the person. They may just give you a topical cream to put on, and you%26#039;ll have to come in a few weeks later so they can check to see if you%26#039;re improving.





You%26#039;re going to want to take your makeup off, of course, so they can see the problem. You could probably reapply your makeup in the bathroom before you left the office, unless you are told to keep it off. Makeup usually makes acne worse, anyhow.





Also, no reason to ever be embarrassed! They are professionals and they%26#039;re never going to judge you. They see cases similar to yours every day.|||The doctors could not help me at all-over a year and bags of creams and medicines, but OIL OF OREGANO-is what you want. I went to dermatologist and had a biopsy-Lamisil pills,creams etc for over a year-no cure. Beleive me, I prayed hard for a cure. This is it for skin conditions, candida, allergies everything. This is least expensive and undiluted (this is powerful and you have to dilute it or it burns!) is from Oreganoworld.com: $19-1oz/free ship. I just bought a 2nd bottle-you can give them a call-nice people,too. You can take it internally in gel capsules and clean your diet up-very strictly-no white sugar, white flour etc. This cured that dumb rash in a matter of days-and stops all itching-completely. Kills bacteria, parasites, viruses-everything. Please do yourself a favor and order some. You must dilute it-take by mouth and on the rash. It won%26#039;t hurt you. I was going crazy and it cured me. Jesus Christ is good-HE told me the cure in an interesting way-I could hardly beleive it was for me-I turned on Coast to Coast radio-at a time I usually don%26#039;t listen to-it was %26#039;anyone can call about anything night%26#039;-and, the man calls in just as I tune in: and said, %26#039;Oil of Oregano will cure rashes-just about anything.%26quot; I was shocked and it took me a couple more weeks-till I reluctantly checked it out-figured I%26#039;d tried everything else-might as well-give it a shot. its amazing. This could be your answer, I wish you the best. Read: the %26#039;cure is in the cupboard%26#039;. You can give these people a call-they are very nice and concerned and can advise you.|||Yes, please go. I went to a good dermatologist for a lot worse, and she really helped me.|||It%26#039;s definitely worth the money. I spent lots of money on over-the-counter products for years with no good results.





My dermatologist visits were around $60 a visit. I didn%26#039;t have insurance, so it may be different for others. The price also depends on the doctor or the area you live in.





During your first visit, the doctor will ask you questions about your skin, i.e. what kind of problems you%26#039;re having.





The doctor may remove your makeup so he or she can determine a diagnosis. My dermatologist always wiped my face with water before doing anything else.





You may also be examined for unusual marks or moles as a precautionary screening for skin cancer.





You can schedule appointments as often as you need, or the doctor may recommend appointments.|||A dermatologist spent minimal of fourteen years in college. So yes, they know what they are doing when it comes to skin.





And no, it%26#039;s not embarrassing at all. They don%26#039;t spend their whole day seeing acne--they also take care of skin cancer, rashes (and some are really nasty, too).|||Try a natural approach, go to forever-living.net you can use aloe vera Gelly and bee propolis to start regenerating some of your face tissue. You can also drink aloe vera juice to star seen an improvement. The aloe vera juice has many healing properties. Forever-living juice has a 200 compounds including vitamins, amino acids and mineral. ALoe vera helps to regenerate cells amd promotes healing . Forever living is very affordable check it out. Dermatologist do use chemicals in your skin and once you body identifies the kind of chemical they are using your body breaks it down and you become resistant to even the dermatologist. That happened to one of my friends with acne she had a treatment for acne and it worked for a while but once her body figure out the substance it became resistant and no longer has an effect on her face. So even if she put the cream and all the stuff it won%26#039;t do anything for her so she stop using it after spending so much money on dermatologist. Anyway check out the web site and see if it%26#039;s for you! God bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment