Monday, August 23, 2010

Should i go to a dermatologist? (pic included)?

I have suffered from acne since i was 12, and it has destroyed my teenage years for me. My self-esteem was lost forever, and i have no confidence whatsoever. I am 17 now, and i really don%26#039;t want to graduate with a faceful of acne. I want to go to college with a clear face :( Do you think a dermatologist could cure me? Would it be very expensive? i have tried everything from over the counter products and my general practitioner. nothing helped.


Please help. and no degrading, insulting comments. I already feel bad enough as it is :(


http://i43.tinypic.com/2ilbjmw.jpg


horrible acne.|||Hey,Pinkylicious. I won%26#039;t insult you,I promise. I wouldn%26#039;t go to a dermatologist,Unless you think it would help. These doctors can charge you for something you can do on your own. Acne is sometimes triggered by stress. Do you use anything for your face? I use either Noxema Skin Cream or %26quot;Clean%26amp;Clear%26quot; Facial Cleanser. My face has cleared up and I look fine. Perhaps they can do the same for you. Also,Try to avoid greasy foods. Your face will clear up in no time....Trust me. btw,My name is David and it%26#039;s a pleasure to write you tonight. I%26#039;ve gotta swing outta here. You have a goodnight tonight. Take it easy and God bless. Bye for now. p.s. You don%26#039;t look so bad to me.|||No, you have okay acne. It won%26#039;t hurt, but I think Proactiv or a face scrub will help.





For easy things you can do now:





Drink more water.


Wash pillowcase. (helped me, it traps oil and dirt so wash it!)


Wash with warm water and exfoliate.


Moisturize, even if you have oily skin. It will hydrate, causing less oil.


Shower every day.|||Try proactive, It actually works! Also try exfoliating your skin about 2 times a week to get rid of dead skin cells to prevent a few future breakouts. Dont use makeup remover pads also, I used to wear them and had terrible breakouts and when I stopped using as much makeup and didnt use makeup remover pads, my skin cleared. Putting vinagar on your skin can clear acne also (might sting though). Also, Putting raw sliced avacado on your skin works well. Garlic works AMAZING for clearing acne!








email me for more tips


%26lt;3|||Yes, why should you have to suffer needlessly. I went to a dermatologist when I was 17 suffering from cystic acne and it was the best thing I ever did. They know exactly what treatments are effective and will monitor your progress to see what works and what doesn%26#039;t.





Good luck : )|||i would highly suggest a dermatologist, they will be able to identify what products will help you.


so yes, you should definitely go!








proactive does work good for me though.





my one friend went to a dermatologist and they gave her pills, it cleared up her acne so good!|||If it really bugs you that badly, yes I would go to a dermatologist. They will probably do more for your skin than over the counter products will. Or maybe, if you don%26#039;t want to spend so much, try proactive?|||yes go to the dem. if you think that will make you happier. i used to go to the doc and get my acne medicine, it worked really good,made my face brighter and spottless but you have to put tons of sunscreen on|||Don%26#039;t feel so bad. I had acne too, and yes visit a dermatologist and they will prescribe a cream or wash, and it may be pricey. But don%26#039;t worry. I%26#039;m sure your gorgeous|||yes. i hope you find something to help you and make you happy. good luck :)|||Yes, definitely. You might need to use Acutane to treat your acne|||It wouldnt be a bad idea to go visit one. Ur acne is so bad.|||Yes, I think you should. I hope it gets better! Good luck!|||Cutting out certain foods and controlling your stress level could make a very serious difference.





Prevention of acne: 1st web link





If that doesn%26#039;t work, you can then try the following chemicals before visiting a doctor.





Proactive: 2nd web link





One of my students may have used this and he had acne like super bad. I believe his acne was brought on my his nervous condition. His father was a serious problem in his life. As he aged beyond 19, his stress level disappeared and his acne finally disappeared if this gives you hope for the future. I believe his stress level disappeared once he had a chance to make enough money after his training was complete with me and he moved away from the stress he was experiencing at home. I am not sure of your situation as far as where the stress is coming from if you are experiencing stress at all but taking control in that area I believe is an important part of your problem for anyone experiencing a acne problem. Regardless, I also think he said he tried Accutane, but I am not sure, its been around 9 years ago since I taught him.





Accutane: 3rd web link





I would venture to say that you may have to try the two different products before you can determine which one is best for %26quot;YOU%26quot; should you decide to take this course of action. Control carefully what you eat in order to improve your chances of success.





Best Wishes|||Ok, You have moderate to severe acne. My back is just like ur face hun so i know what you feel like. Go to your doctor first and ask for clindamycin-benzoyl peroxide gel. It comes in a jar or tube. I have been using it for two month consistently and my acne has cleared up a whole lot. I literally have only ONE bump. If your doctor cant prescribe this for you (which i doubt) go to a dermatologist. This will boost your self-esteem and make your skin look great. All you have to do is wash your face twice a day and apply the cream right after washing it twice a day. I recommend twice because of the amount of acne. even when it gets better use it twice a day. It costs me $30 a jar so don%26#039;t scoop out a lot when using it. A little goes a long way.


Good Luck girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment