Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How helpful would a dermatologist be for my acne?

I have been fighting against my acne, religiously. I guess you could say i was a late bloomer (ha-ha) but i am 18 now, and my acne is really beginning to bother me.. I have tried proactive, neutrogena products, oxy 5, some with toner in addition to the product. I also shower sometimes twice a day, but my acne never gets ANY better. would a dermatologist be able to help me get rid of this acne? i dont wanna sound lame but my acne is really bothering me and (obviously) affecting my self esteem and stuff, its a real pain.


SO the question is would a dermatologist be helpful? or is it gunna be just like trying a new product, and im just wasting my money.. thnks alot|||a dermatologist would be very helpful i think.


they have give you acne medicine that is supposed to treat your specific kind of acne. it%26#039;ll take some time for it to go away, depending on how much ance you have.


you might want to lay off of the 2 showers because thats not the best thing to do (unless you really need 2 showers)


try changing your shampoo also, some shampoos are known to cause breakouts on your forehead or wherever your hair is touching your face.





good luck ;]|||Very helpful those products you mention are OTC. That means they aren%26#039;t going to be very effective. A dermatologist can prescribe, which means he/she%26#039;s got a whole diffferent arsenal to fight with. But be sure to tell him/her which stuff you have tried as he/she is likely to get you on the strong stuff to start then,|||I had the same problem. I tried everything and nothing worked. The dermatologist was able to prescribe something stronger. It works so much better then anything else I tried. The only down side, the medicines that were prescribed were really expensive, but they got rid of my acne.|||They will probably prescribe u differin, most derms do the first time you visit them. I am on week 2 of it and its helping but they said not to expect anything until about week 6. Differin is good for preventing new acne but doesnt clean up the scarring and red spots too well.





I would say go for it. I also tried ProActive with no luck. I like the differin more but it is kind of harsh on your face. I use the higher version 0.3|||mumkin

No comments:

Post a Comment