Friday, August 20, 2010

Question about acne treatments from dermatologist -Please help?

Hi, I%26#039;m in my early 20s and just started having mild acne problems a few months ago, mostly whiteheads here and there on the cheeks. But it was getting frustrating so I went to the dermatologist last week and he gave me these creams to used:


-Benzoyl Perozide 5% gel (day time)


-Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution (day time)


-Retinoic Acid 0.1% cream (night time)





I guess I have very specific questions if anyone is familiar with the treatments above and experiences with visiting dermatologist in general:





1) He said treatment might make it worst before it gets better, what does it mean? And what is the time frame for the %26quot;worst%26quot; period?





2) Since using these creams for a couple of days, my face has been extra sensitive and very dry (peeling), is it normal?





3) And how long before I should expect to see visable results?





I know everything takes time, but I would just like to know that what I%26#039;m doing will eventually lead to good results and I can get back to my life|||I have used Benzoyl Peroxide and %26quot;Retin-A%26quot;. The medications cause the underlying dirt, clogging your pores that has not yet formed into acne to come to the surface which makes you breakout. So basically your skin has to breakout in order to clear up. Peeling and sensitivity is normal and you should be wearing some type of sunscreen to minimize that. It can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to see results, if any. It does not work for everyone, but seeing as how you just started getting acne all of a sudden, you may see results. I hope this helps you. Wear sunscreen (on your face)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment