Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Should I tell my dermatologist about my symptoms? [accutane]?

I%26#039;m taking accutane, and a bloody nose is not a severe symptom, but whenever I go for my monthly dermo appointment they always ask about that stuff [joint pain, bloody nose, decrease night vision, itching etc]...





Now, I%26#039;ve never had bloody noses usually, probably about once when I was four, but now I frequently have bloody snot [it doesn%26#039;t bother me at all, I%26#039;m just not sure if they%26#039;ll take me off the the accutane if I tell them I have about it].





I might also have joint pain, but I haven%26#039;t been able to tell because I%26#039;ve lately been sore because of our rigorous work-outs...





The bloody snot is not a big deal to me at all, but


****KEY QUESTION: Will they take me off Accutane if I tell them?|||I believe it depends on the degree of the bloody nose, but you should tell your MD. I don%26#039;t know if MD will want to take you off, but tell him you don%26#039;t want to go off. Tell him about possible joint pain too.


Maybe it dries out your nose because it can also cause dry mouth.





Try using a saline nasal spray 2X every day. See if that prevents the blood in your nose.





Google: mayo clinic%26gt;%26gt;drugs%26gt;%26gt;Accutane





Good luck|||Dude just bloody snot and ur worryed. i just went to the skin doctor today along with have 2 nose bleeds today and one yestersday and im still on it. and iv been having bad leg sores. like i cant even run anymore and they didnt take me off for that either. and i havent been doing any exerise or anything. so to anwser ur question no they wont take u off it.





Fyi; iv been on it for on it for a month and so happy i am on it

No comments:

Post a Comment