Friday, August 20, 2010

Question about acne treatments from dermatologist, please help.?

Hi, I%26#039;m in my early 20s and just started having mild acne problems a few months ago, mostly whiteheads here and there on the cheeks. But it was getting frustrating so I went to the dermatologist last week and he gave me these creams to used:


-Benzoyl Perozide 5% gel (day time)


-Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution (day time)


-Retinoic Acid 0.1% cream (night time)





I guess I have very specific questions if anyone is familiar with the treatments above and experiences with visiting dermatologist in general:





1) He said treatment might make it worst before it gets better, what does it mean? And what is the time frame for the %26quot;worst%26quot; period?





2) Since using these creams for a couple of days, my face has been extra sensitive and very dry (peeling), is it normal?





3) And how long before I should expect to see visable results?





I know everything takes time, but I would just like to know that what I%26#039;m doing will eventually lead to good results and I can get back to my life|||It doesn%26#039;t work and is a waste of time. It drys your skin out and then you have acne and peeling skin at the same time! It makes your skin extra sensitive to the sun so stay out of the sunlight or you will burn bad.


It didn%26#039;t work for me, I have tried everything under the sun for my acne.


I would just advise you to try it for a couple months, without missing a day and see if it works for you...I may just be an exception to the treatment or something.|||There are a variety of ways to treat acne and many acne sufferers have found that the natural types of acne treatments can be effective at helping to stop your acne and no negative side effects.Log on to http://tipsfromruby-acne.blogspot.com/ for a few home made tips to heal acne .

No comments:

Post a Comment