Friday, August 20, 2010

Should I complain to the dermatologist if the visit was unproductive?

I recently visited a new dermatologist that I found randomly (she just happened to work at the same office where my first choice doctor was- he was not taking new patients) and was unhappy with her attitude and what she had to offer.





I went for adult acne, but she didn%26#039;t even look at my skin, just barely asked about my medical history, and went on saying there%26#039;s three types of treatment: antibiotics, hormonal, and accutane. I basically have tried all methods in the past, and was looking for more natural treatment and something that would fix the core problem and not a quick fix (that has major side effects).





After waiting 3 months for the appointment and waited half an hour in the exam room, she only gave me a couple minutes of unproductive talk- basically saying I should go visit some natural therapy center which prescribes acupuncture, herbs, etc.





I was charged $120 for absolutely nothing.





Should I complain? If so, to who? and how?|||Absolutely. You have a right to be upset--after waiting for three months, waiting so long in the office and the fact that she did not even examine your skin in ridiculous.





I doubt if she is that busy, that you can actually get someone in the office to put her on the phone...so you should write her a letter outlining the problem, why you are upset, how she did not meet your expectations, how disappointed you are, and how you expect to be reimbursed for the visit.





Be firm but polite--if you get nasty, forget her responding. Tell her you realize she is a busy professional, but after waiting three months, then spending all that time in the office, it is just NOT acceptable for her to not even examine you.





Give her a deadline in the letter, say 10 business days, to get back to you. If she does not, send her a second letter, saying that you are filing a complaint with the county and state medical board.





Believe me, that will get her butt in gear! Good luck!|||dam straight you should!


you%26#039;ve waited for ages to get in... 4 what??


you are paying for a service.. %26amp; you didnt get it


i would write a letter to her/her office.. not rude, stay nice but say you were dissapointed|||Thats why I quit going to dermatologists, its the same everywhere.


I use Neostrata antibacterial cleanser with spot treatment. Seemed to help.|||you should complain, i dont know who you should go to, but that is not right, a good dermatologist would tell you exactly what to do not say go blabber jab (whatever that means lol), a really good dermatologist will probably know other methods to treat what you have not exacly medicine, take this example, the doctor that i go to told my mothers co-workers son to treat bumps on his back by taking a shower every other day and the problem was solved, so you just have to take a chance with the doctors that you go to or ask around!!!


o and sometimes dermatologist offices send their student doctors to see you, if you have a problem with this make sure you see the actual doctor|||Go to the AMA or smething.I can%26#039;t believe she was that rude.Oh wait yes I can I forgot my mom went to a dermy for severe dry skin and all he told her was to drink more water and she already has bladder problems and drinks about 4 8 oz glasses a day.Go to the AMA and se what they say.I wouldn%26#039;t let it go cause one of these times she will tic off the wrong patient who is not as nice as you are a then it will be to late to pick up a new bedside manner.Good luck,Sharon W.

No comments:

Post a Comment