Friday, August 20, 2010

What can I ask my dermatologist for?

I am 26 and have never had an acne problem. I went to the dermatologist for a foot issue and he saw that I had ONE pimple and prescribed duac gel. While on duac gel, I began to develop acne on my neck and my cheeks. I went back and he prescribed an oral antiobiotic. My acne is still worse, so I went back and he prescribed ziana gel. Now, my skin is getting little pimples all over the cheeks. I don%26#039;t know what else to do. I feel like all these medicines are making my skin worse. Are there any dermatologists out there who can help me out? I don%26#039;t like this acne situation at all! I never had bad skin and as an adult it is horrible to just be dealing with it! HELP!!!|||You know, I didn%26#039;t have my first pimple until I was 18!! I saw the Dermatologist (I had a problem with little blackheads from time to time so I had a Derm) . He told me you get acne at one time in your life or another...either as a child/teen or as an adult. You never escape it.





There are so many different gels, ointments, creams on the market (Over the Counter-OTC and Rx). Either call the Derm back and tell him it isn%26#039;t working what you are currently using or seek another opinion. For me, it usually took a combination of products. Retin A is a great topical cream that worked wonders for me as did a cream by the name of Differin.





I found a website that looks like it has some very good information. I hope it will help you. http://www.acneguide.com .





Good luck to you!





Me|||well if its just acne, ask for differin. that stuff is amazing. but make sure its not something worse, like a staph infection, that happend to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment