Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm going to the dermatologist tomorrow and I need ADVICE!!! PLEASE!!! HELP!!!?

I need to know what to ask a dermatologist to get the most out of my visit. I have fairly oily skin especially in the t-zone. I have acne on a small localized area of my forehead. I have a feeling it might even be cosmetic acne (means i caused it by using too many products), because it won%26#039;t go away and they%26#039;re inflamed itchy bumps not whiteheads or black heads. I stopped using so many products and switching constantly; my face has gotten a little better, but the inflamed bumps on my forehead won%26#039;t go away. My face used to be really dry from all the acne things i would have on every minute of the day, but that%26#039;s gone too. So I just want to know what I should ask, what I should know. What if he/she recommends something I%26#039;ve used already?|||Say exactly what you just said here. If the dermatologist recommends something you%26#039;ve tried, then tell them. If you are afraid of forgetting something, make a list of all your skin care issues. You could even write a list of all the acne care stuff you%26#039;ve already tried. I%26#039;m sure your dermatologist would appreciate that.|||Okay, honestly you need to print out everything you just said on your question and explain to your derm dr straight up with as much concern as you%26#039;ve displayed on this forum. I%26#039;m sure it%26#039;s nothing to worry about but an allergic reaction to your makeup. It may be hard, I know trust me, but you might need to go au natural for a week or so. The worst is could be is molluscum contagiosum which I doubt you have on your face.|||TELL HER WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESN%26#039;T WORK FOR YOU.





if she doesn%26#039;t know what you have and haven%26#039;t tried, the visit is pointless.





be open, be very attentive- come in with a list of questions if you want.





remember what she tells you. and DON%26#039;T BE AFRAID to ask QUESTIONS!!!!!!





you only get a short time with tthe doctor, and you have to assert yourself and make sure you get your money%26#039;s worth :)








good luck|||Just tell your dermatologist about your symptoms in as much detail as possible, and also tell him/her:





-The products you used in the past, whether it be cosmetics or topical (creams and such) treatments you used for your symptoms





-How much you have used of each product and how often





-The effects those products had on your skin (regardless of how mild or major the effect it had)





-If you consulted any other doctor/dermatologist/sources concerning your condition, and if any medications were prescribed





-When your symptoms appeared, how long you have had them, when your symptoms cleared up/worsened and how long those bouts lasted





-Any allergies you may have, or intolerance you may have to certain medications, products, foods, animals and the like





-Any pre-existing medical information, if asked by the dermatologist





You should also ask about what sort of products you can buy that will not harm your skin, which are better/worse, such as cosmetics and facial cleaning products.





Hope this helps. :)|||I would also research different treatments that are used on acne, that way you can you%26#039;ll a) already have an idea about what she%26#039;s talking about and b) ask about a therapy that appeals to you (like red/blue light therapy, or differn, etc). Also, having a little bit of info on the treatments available can help you to determine which ones you may want to avoid. Dr%26#039;s try their best but a lot of time there are just too many side effects to cover and then you don%26#039;t find out about it til later. For example one Rx I take increases bruising but my Dr didn%26#039;t mention it, so for the last 3 weeks I%26#039;ve been trying to figure out why I have so many. It wasn%26#039;t until I was doing some additional research that I found it was a possibility and something I need to bring up with my Dr since it could be a bad thing (or not I am a klutz, but you get my point).

No comments:

Post a Comment