Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hernia or over excited dermatologist?

Ok I went to the dermatologist today and she had me lift my shirt up to do a skin assessment and she goes %26quot;oh you have a hernia%26quot; I said no I don%26#039;t. She never touched it or anything she just said oh you have a hernia. So here%26#039;s the thing I am overweight (ie I have a belly) I don%26#039;t have some protruding round spot ( I%26#039;ve seen hernias) I have a fat pouch. I%26#039;ve had it for about 10-13 years or more. It does not hurt, no burning, nausea or vomiting, hasn%26#039;t gotten bigger or anything along those lines. I can push on it like you do when a person has a stomach %26quot;roll%26quot; it%26#039;s soft no hardness and feels like fatty tissue. I%26#039;ve had several xrays (abdominal, chest) over the years, many doctors pushing on my abdomen like they do when they are just checking you out and NO doctor has ever said you have a hernia. So what do you think? Is it a hernia? Or is this Nurse practitioner dermatologist just crazy? People that have or have had a hernia please respond!!!|||There are many types of hernia.


The type you are thinking about is an inguinal hernia.


How would I know if she%26#039;s crazy? ;)





Next time you are at a doctors, simply ask them what they think - it could be so common, or so mild that no one mentions it.

No comments:

Post a Comment