Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm going to a dermatologist! Help?!?

Hi





I suffer from acne. I don%26#039;t really have blackheads, my face is generally clear but i have big and small bumps. Whiteheads, pimples! It%26#039;s disgusting! I%26#039;ve tried so many treatments but didn%26#039;t get anywhere with them. From natural home remedies to expensive %26quot;quality%26quot; products from the pharmacy.. It%26#039;s been years, I%26#039;m fed up...





I want to get rid of this acne NOW! So I%26#039;m going to see a dermatologist, and I would like to know what I should expect. What I want ESPECIALLY is to have a clear face in five days because that%26#039;s when I have a very special event and I don%26#039;t want to be looking like this. I can pop them and cover them with make up for the day, but that%26#039;s just disgusting. I don%26#039;t like popping or hiding them with make up...





Anyway, I would appreciate your help.





Thanks!!! =) xxxxx|||As a medical professional, the only treatment I know of (I am not a derm) that will treat symptoms of acne rapidly and almost always effectively is Accutane. Be advised however, that this is severely teratogenic (causes birth defects). Last I checked, a mandatory contract was required signed by the patient (and guardian if applicable) to abstain from sexual activities which may result in pregnancy EVEN WITH USE OF CONTRACEPTIVES. This applies to both MALES and FEMALES.





I think the limit is no sex for 30 days before or after treatment, and certainly not during. Violation is dealt with harshly usually (at least I do as much) because the birth defects caused by this drug are absolutely tragic.





It works by killing rapidly dividing cells and is used for cancer patients as well due to this. Prokaryotic cells (bacteria like those which cause acne) are also rapidly dividing...





Also, Accutane is usually a last resort for severe acne vulgaris. A more reasonable approach to mild-moderate acne is a tetracycline based antibiotic (oral or topical). This have few side effects and usually work well with uncomplicated acne. Be careful of sun exposure no matter what. I prefer Doxycycline Hyclate 100mg PO Q 12-24. Doxy is a tetracycline with noted effectiveness against acne and has a more tolerable side effect profile. Second choice would be Minocycline, and Tetracycline third...|||He will probably put you on antibiotics. Go to this site www.mayoclinic.com and look up acne in the a to z of diseases. it will tell you what causes it and how to deal with it.BTW it will take longer than 5 days to clear your skin up and you should never pop pimples. Eat healthy keep your skin very clean get plenty of rest and always wear sunscreen .

No comments:

Post a Comment