Friday, August 20, 2010

Should i see a dermatologist?

i have bad acne and blackheads, and my mom tells me i should pull my hair back because she thinks that%26#039;s what%26#039;s causing it. I%26#039;ve pulled it back for 3 weeks and it didn%26#039;t help at all. then she told me not to use the clean and clear products i have so i switched to neutrogena. now she%26#039;s telling me not to use that either. all my friends think that i should go see a dermetologist and i think so too. but my mom refuses to take me because she thinks all they%26#039;re gonna do is give me a chemical product and that%26#039;s just gonna make it worse. i think the dermetologist may be able to give me something or suggest something. my mom thinks she knows better even though she%26#039;s NEVER had acne or any skin conditions. should i go see a dermetologist or just not use anything,pull my hair back and hope it goes away like my mom says?|||honestly i probably would, i went in my teens and they helped me get rid of alot of skin impurities, however generally it clears up over time but noone wants to hear that do they ? I use witch hazel as a toner and that works wonders! Your mum is right it probably will go away---with time... but to speed things up you may want to see a dermatologist!|||ok..try something natural before u go to someone that will make things way more complicated. I had bad acne problems 2. I used St Ives Apricot Scrub ( sold in most drug stores and walmarts) in the morning, then at night i would wash my face with soap n water and open the pores. Take hydrogen peroxide and a little bit of water and scrub your face with it. The peroxide kills the bacteria causing the acne...and for the redness when its really bad..use visine throughout the day it zaps the zit and takes the redness out.|||Yes, you should see a dermatologist and also continue using your anti-acne medications, either from Clean%26amp;Clear or Neutrogena. If your mother has never had skin problems, she has no business telling you telling you how to manage your skin -- whether she is your mother or not. This is *your* skin and *your* life, not hers. She is obviously more interested in controlling your behavior than she is in helping you resolve your skin problems. (I%26#039;m not saying she doesn%26#039;t care -- she is just misguided in this particular area.) Does your mother dye her hair, use hairspray, use makeup, apply fingernail polish, or use perfume? These all involve chemicals. Acne is a %26quot;natural%26quot; condition of the skin that many people suffer,caused by %26quot;natural%26quot; bacteria, so I%26#039;m not sure why people think that something %26quot;natural%26quot; is going to be a cure.





Make your own decisions for your own skin. Parents are there to guide and to help -- not just to control. When they fail to do that, you have to do it yourself.|||Wow your mom is oposite of mine, my mom is begs me to go. But I have stuff from there already, it works good, she just doesnt think it does cause once I stop using it a few days cause Im forgetful It gets worse again, Definatly see a dermatologist, it helps a lot.|||Ask the pharmacist at your local chemist|||Yes you should go...they can help you

No comments:

Post a Comment