Monday, August 23, 2010

Question about my medicene from dermatologist, please help.?

Hi, I just went to a dermatologist last thursday to look at my mild acne (started about 4 months ago). I%26#039;ve never had acne problem before and I%26#039;m in my early 20s now, and getting ready to graduate and start a career, so I wanted to get this taken care of. The derm. gave me the following:





~benzoyl peroxide 5% gel (daytime)


~clindamyim phosphate solution (daytime)


~retinoic acid cream (night time)





I been using it since last thursday (so for about 5 days now), my skin has been really dry and sensitive since, and my face feels like sunburn. Is this a normal initial reaction? And how long before I should start seeing results?





Also anyone with experience with experience with the treatments mentioned above, please let me know how it worked out for you and the time frame of the med. The derm told me that it might get worst before it get better??|||Ask about Nicomide instead. That%26#039;s what I am on and it doesn%26#039;t dry out my skin at all.|||wow. i actually have the same thing happening to me. i beleive i am taking the same things as you except the reinoic acid cream. i have this pill. and my skin is the same way, very dry and lately it is peeling. i started using mine last wed. and when i put it on friday night. my face started to burn and got very red like sun burn. i called my doctor up and he said i should just wait till the pain stops and then start using it again but use little amounts. But he also said that it is supposed to hurt. im not sure though. mine has stopped hurting me today, but it still peeling and very dry.|||Actually all of those medicines tend to have a drying affect - it can make your skin look worse before it starts to get better.





The big thing is that the retinoic acid is taking the top layer of cells off your skin - which causes the red dry tight feeling.





I would let your doctor know; usually with that reaction, it will settle down; if it painful you can start using the retinoic acid every other day and see if that helps.





For acne treatments to start working, it takes anywhere from 6-12 weeks.|||it%26#039;s too harsh for you skin. call your doctor and let him know it%26#039;s drying you out and making your skin hurt. he needs to prescribe something lighter. i%26#039;ve had that problem but not from those meds, i had it from oxy because there was too much alcohol in it! once i stopped using it my face felt much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment