Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Does going to a dermatologist actually work?

I don%26#039;t have terrible skin, but i have several blemishes at a time... I want to go to a dermatologist... but does that actually work? Can they actually tell me what will work for my skin?





BTW I have crazy skin... things will work for me for a few weeks, then my face will get used to them.. and it will backfire with more pimples.. I have tried almost everything... even proactiv and acnefree etc. etc. I haven%26#039;t found anything that works





Is going to a dermatologist really that different? and can they actually find something that will work for my skin? Because it seems kind of hopeless... = /|||Dermatologists can pinpoint your exact skin type and what will help you. They look at internal components that have effects on your skin.


Personally i think they are much better if you want clear skin than over the counter acne medication.


Ask about %26quot;acutane%26quot;, works wonders on problem skin.|||Of course it works. A dermatologist specializes in skin. However, no doctor can guarantee their results.|||Yup, i know from experience. my derm says theres most likely nothing over-the-counter that really works, so you might as well at least try.


but you HAVE to go back for follow-up because thats when they determine if whatever they gave you is working and if not they give you something else.


and i%26#039;m pretty sure insurance pays for it.





AND i%26#039;ve actually tried BOTH ProActiv and AcneFree before but it doesnt really work for everyone, plus what it does is fix your acne for a little while, but its not that great for your skin and when you stop using it, it makes you break out more!


It basically %26quot;compresses%26quot; your acne and doesnt really fix the problem. when you go to a derm, they%26#039;ll give you something for your face thats gonna make your acne worse AT FIRST, but it%26#039;s just to get rid of your future acne thats hiding under your skin. then it%26#039;s uphill from there. :]


good luck!|||Yes they can definitely find something!


I had the same problem...I didn%26#039;t have horrible acne at all, but when I got a couple of pimples on my forehead they would NEVER go away. And I%26#039;ve tried proactiv, everything!


So I went to the dermatologist, initially to have my skin checked for cancer. But then I got some prescription stuff for my pimples. Even if you don%26#039;t have horrible skin, they can give you something great. I%26#039;ve been using it and my skin is amazing now.


And I thought that they would never go away


:]]

No comments:

Post a Comment