Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Question about the dermatologist?

so i have acne, not horrible acne but just like mild acne. and i wash, tone, and moisturize my face with an oil free moisturizer specialized for acne, twice a day and it wont go away so i am thinking about going to see a dermatologist. but I%26#039;m worried. i don%26#039;t want to go there and they give me some cream and/or pill for my acne that drys my skin out so bad and makes if flaky and red or something terrible like that. i just want my acne gone.. so I%26#039;m scared to go to the dermatologist i don%26#039;t want them to wind up making my acne worse by trying to help me. so my question is can you guys how have been to the dermatologist and received creams pills stuff like that can you tell me like is there anything for me to be afraid of just like yeah... i dunno.





please help. thanks =] if it matters I%26#039;m 16|||Dermatologists will look at your face and probably ask you questions about your acne. They won%26#039;t use any severe treatment if you don%26#039;t need it. However if there is some drying out after being put on medication the dermatologist will recommend certain lotions you can buy that will help keep your skin mousturized and are non-comodogenic. But keep in mind that a lot of prescribed medications may make your face slightly worse before it gets better.|||You can go to the dermatologist and just ask for a cleaning. The derma would clean out black and white heads and pimples. You can ask them about your acne. Tell the derma what products you are using and if it%26#039;s the right strength to treat your problem. They would recommend something but you can always decline and say you don%26#039;t prefer using it. But dermatologist%26#039;s creams are stronger and more effective than the ones you buy at stores.|||My son is 16 years old and on face cream and antibiotic pills. He is doing fine on them! His acne has improved very much in the last 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment